Movers & Shakers

Jun 3, 2013

 photo MayBlog016_zps2ff1e289.jpg
So I'm almost out of the woods! I have one more cardboard box left in my living room (currently acting as a coffee table...oh poverty) and we ransacked Goodwill yesterday to get some 70's kitchen chairs, a scratched up, ring stained table (my favorite kind), and an old filing cabinet as a night stand. It's so nice opening the front door and actually being greeted by a some-what home rather than an empty apartment. It's coming along!

And as I putter along trying to set everything up and get into a normal routine, here's a small post to get your style fix. I borrowed this apple printed skirt from Rachel of Floral Prints and Common Sense and knew I wanted to have a bit of fun with it. It's such a sweet pattern, so I wanted to pair it with something a little flashy and a little tough. Enter my vintage chainmail lookin' sequin top. It looks so fun!
 photo MayBlog030_zps5465e159.jpg  photo MayBlog022_zps1a5e923b.jpg

And seeing how it's a new month, I have a few new faces on this blog of mine! Check out the side bar and say hello to a few of my new sponsors- there are plenty of beautiful vintage stores that were all handpicked by yours truly, and a few new blogs that are great morning reads. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

Shirt- Vintage
Denim Shirt- thrifted
Belt- CK (thrifted)
Skirt- borrowed from Rachel of Floral Prints and Common Sense
Sandals- H&M (last year)

PS- Don't forget to follow along on Facebook HERE to here me babble about DIYs, outfit ideas, recipes, and general randomness ;)

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

30 comments :

  1. I absolutely LOVE this look, this skirt is gorgeous and you always layer so beautifully. What a fun top!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to borrow this skirt and combine with this super cool tops!

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog...we'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt! Oh so adorable <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man... apartment decorating sounds so much fun! I hope your gonna show us some pictures when you've got it all ready. <3 A table set from the 70s sounds pretty darn rad. I always love looking at fun patterned rugs and furniture pieces... swoon!

    Ooh, what a fun outfit! That sparkly top is something else. It's rather reminiscent of 20s flapper dresses... but in shirt form!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit! Goodwill is the best.

    photographyintherain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always LOVE your outfits! You are not afraid to take risks and add different textures/prints.. you are definetely NOT conventional, and I love it. I would have never thought to pair that gold top with denim and prints, but you look absolutely fabulous. I REALLY want that gold top, I know you said vintage, but where from? You look so well put together.

    Good luck with rest of your moving, I know it's a dainty process. Did you look this glamourous while packing boxes? lol

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! As always, such an interesting mix of fabrics and prints! That vintage top has such a nice '20s feel and the apple pattern is so cute! Congrats on the move! Shopping for thrifted furniture is so fun :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always so impressed with how effortless you make this top look. And once again, this skirt is adorable! Rachel has such cute stuff.

    Hope you're loving Seattle so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm glad your move went well and that your apartment is coming along nicely. Mine still needs a lot more work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gosh, your layering is impeccable. You look so posh yet quirky. :)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sequins make me so happy! Such a fun layered look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the layering! That skirt is gorgeous.

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an adorable mixture of textures!! super cute blog =)

    ps. do you want to follow each other?

    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is all ahead of me... moving home in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this outfit, the skirt is super cute. I wanted to get these sandals last year but they sold out in my size in most of my local stores! Good to hear your apartment is coming along, it will be the best feeling when its exactly how you want it. Not that I would know, still at home with my mother...not cool. x

    Underneath The Lights

    ReplyDelete
  18. The denim top under there is a very nice touch! :)

    Much love to you,

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/zerxza

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous top! I love how you paired it with the jeans shirt.

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marlen, So happy to hear that your apartment is starting to feel more like a home! That's always such a great feeling. :) Good luck getting the rest of it all together! XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gah - Rachel's apple print skirt, so darling! I love the eclectic mix of everything here and of course your layering skills are always the best Marlen! Very best wishes with settling in!

    xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look lovely in this outfit - I love how the top and skirt clash but in a great way! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you made the sweet skirt a bit more funky with the amazing sequin top! I spent the weekend helping Rob move into a new apartment, so I feel your moving pains (but also the good things)!
    He is about 1/4 unpacked if that, so you guys are doing way better! So excited for you guys to be in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Um...I love this whole outfit..but that top is the best. Love it! Glad you made it!! Woo woo to good will...nothing better than revamping old furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. such an interesting and amzing mix! i wouldn't think of it and i have to say the outcome is stunning xoxo
    http://www.prettyaffairs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Once again, just fantastic layering! Good luck as you continue moving and getting all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That gold crochet top is so pretty!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hattitude Style Blog

    wow i love what you've done with this outfit! You give me inspiration to be brave and bold and just go for it!!

    Glad to see you are home from india. I will have to catch up on your blog!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>