Blogging Babes: Haircut and General Attitude

Jun 22, 2013


 photo jess_zps870f82ae.jpg

I just moved so I’m super curious about other cities. Where do you call home and what’s your favorite part about it?

I live in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Like the name states, it’s a cute grove of trees nestled against the mountainside. I really love living here; it’s close to everything but still not a big, busy city. Very home-y :) Probably my favorite thing about it is Historic Main Street, where many of the original buildings still stand in all their vintage glory and a couple cute boutiques and an antique shop line the street. I also love enjoying free strawberries and cream in the summer for “Strawberry Days” (The town used to be full of strawberry fields way back when!)
 photo JESS1_zpsb533237d.jpg
Looking back, what was one of the earliest moments you can think of that you knew you were starting to get interested in fashion? For example, mine was when I was 15 and stole all of my mom’s quarters out of her coat pockets just so I can buy my first Vogue. 

Probably the first memory I can think of was always wanting to wear my Mom’s lipstick as a youngster. I would watch her get ready for church and sometimes if I was lucky she’d let me swipe on some of her lightly tinted shimmery pink lipstick. I also remember really getting into makeup at the age of 15 and buying every issue of Allure and spending all my money at Sephora. That, in turn, slowly got me interested in fashion, too. So funny that our stories are so similar! photo jess2_zpsca47d5e0.jpg
What’s your favorite layering technique for summer? I know that that can be tricky!

Hmm, probably my most used layering technique for Summer is throwing a cardi on over a dress! So simple. I’m always cold and I try to dress pretty modestly so it just works for me!  photo jess3_zps02562604.jpg
You and your hubs got married pretty young- where did you two love birds meet? 

Yes, I was a month shy of 20. I never imagined myself getting married so young but I was lucky to find the right person early in life and I wasn’t letting that go to waste! We met our senior year of high school at the local grocery store we both worked at. I thought he was cute and heard he thought the same of me but was too shy to make a move so I got his number from a mutual friend and we started texting non-stop. We happened to both get our wisdom teeth out on the same weekend and our first date was spent at the movies with matching chipmunk cheeks :) 2 years later we were married and I’m still head over heels in love with the guy!
 photo jess4_zpsd1638809.jpg

No, but for real, isn't Jessi the cutest? If you're already crushing on her like I've been, go check out her BLOG and see what she's got in store for ya there!

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

25 comments :

  1. These photos are beautiful! I love the outfits. :)
    xx

    http://blairbeautyblogger.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESSI! I love Jessi. She's so pretty and stylish and everything I adore. And she's so sweet! And her hair is totally babin', of course. I'm gushing but who wouldn't?

    That's really cute that she started wanting to wear lipstick at a young age! Aw aw. I'm finally getting into that stage myself where I want to wear lipstick every day. At 19, I guess I'm a bit late, but I'm slowly evolving maybe. :)

    This was so fun to read I ADORE YOU JESSI OKAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I loved finding out how Jessi and her husband met! She's one of my favorite bloggers as well, and she's definitely adorable. Love her style and this interview you did with her :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture you chose of Jessi! I love hearing about the story of how she met her hubby. So adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG ! This girl is really cute ! I discovered her blog thanks to you. So thank you !
    Your post is so interesting. Thank you for that.
    Kisses. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Jessi is the sweetest. I love the chipmunk cheek first date! That's one to tell the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessi is sooooo cute! I am definitely loving her sense of style! gonna check her out!

    with love, Cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Jessi's blog! She has amazing style sense and a beautiful personality to match! Thank you for the lovely interview! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe really that where you live it´s a great region! And I married with 20, too, but to be honest now I´m married with another man ;)

    You look so beautiful on each pic <3

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post as always my lovely, really enjoyed reading, so fun and cute! ^^ *Heading straight to Jessi's blog* haha

    Hope you have a great weekend! <333

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so cute! I've not ever heard of her blog before, so thank you for putting it on my radar!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love her style as well! I wish I had hair like hers, she looks fantastic =)
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love her story on how she met her guy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute - and home looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. she is lovely, and this post is so perfect. <3 ( i love the fonts in this post too )

    -my words and i ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great feature! She really is the cutest and I love her style! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the style! :)
    http://makeupbyjoanna909.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love every single one of these pictures! She's got an amazing sense of style!

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
  19. One thing's for sure. She's seriously gorgeous.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  20. The absolute cutest is right. Gotta go follow her now she's just too adorable.

    <3becky
    www.loosefromthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Jessi and was happy to learn more about her through this blog!! :)

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. fun to read new things about jessi!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fun to hear a bit more about Jessi! the scenery around her town is always stunning so fun to hear more. the chipmunk cheeks date is cute & now I'll have to ask if she meant she was 20 when they met or married, eith& it'. such cute outfits you posted of her also.
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>