Daisies in My Eyes

May 17, 2013


 photo MayBlog153_zps3d35c484.jpg  photo MayBlog126_zps4bab6b68.jpg  photo MayBlog136_zps0bc7f9f4.jpg
This romper has been one of my absolute favorite things to style in my closet.  From Bijou Vintage Bazaar, its ridiculously 70's pattern and citrus colors proved to be very playful when I was building the outfit! As I mentioned in the post below this one, I feel like my style is heading towards calmer waters, so I decided to let the romper be the statement piece and paired it with a neutral chambray shirt, grey booties, and a black wide-brimmed hat.

But I couldn't help and do a little pattern play by tossing in a palm tree clutch. Haha I mean I haven't changed completely ;)

Bridget, the lovely lady behind Bijou Vintage Bazaar, has an amazing eye for finding eye-catching vintage dresses from all the eras that she loves.  As she says herself: "My favorite era is late 50's to early 70's, especially bright floral prints, boho/prairie style dresses and kitschy decor. I'm a history buff at heart, though, and love the style of many eras – from Victorian to grunge."

Give her store a look!
 photo MayBlog163_zpse6eb1220.jpg  photo MayBlog147_zpsc3fc32e7.jpg  photo MayBlog159_zps524dde00.jpg
Also, it was so fun hearing from you all about my 5 Questions video! I have to say that my favorite part about blogging has been meeting you all, and I've already became really good friends with a bunch of you. You're a group of really amazing girls :) Haha and I'm glad that most of you already imagined my voice that way!

PS- Don't forget to enter my $35 Lost in Drawers Giveaway! Who can say no to new dresses?

Romper- Bijou Vintage Bazaar
Chambray Shirt- F21
Hat- UO
Clutch- UO (on sale for $10 and recently!)


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

42 comments :

  1. I love your outfit! :D It's perfect for spring. You look beautiful! Great post!

    X Valérie
    scribblesofvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - I knew you would do something adorable with that romper! Thanks so much for the feature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole outfit!
    And that clutch is sooo amazing.

    XO The Daily Fashion Drug

    ReplyDelete
  4. That print is adorable! And it goes so well with the denim shirt. Personally, I'm not much of a romper person; the waist never seems quite long enough (err, or the crotch either, for that matter. awkward!)
    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely Romper, you really rock the vintage style so confidently!! Love this post.. would definitely check out Bijou Vintage Bazaar! Thanks!
    risingcolors.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love rompers! Yours is so cute for Summer!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique!

    loveekierramakayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! I'm always jealous of how girls can wear shirts and stuff under their dresses and rompers and not look lumpy. The layering here is so cute, Miss Marlen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute summery outfit! I love how you layered this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so cute, you pull this off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving everything about this, Marlen! The print on the romper is so perfectly retro and looks great layered over the denim. And the tie dye print on the bag is fantastic! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this retro look, that clutch is amazing. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look wonderful! love the mix of prints

    ReplyDelete
  14. this outfit is amazing! i didn't even realize you could wear chambray under a dress (i mean, c'mon, obviously it's an option but it's so "in" right now it's always the feature, never layered like this— genius!) and i love that dress pattern, it reminds me of a sheet i used to own!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This romper is so gorgeous on you. Yellow is your color! I also love your eye makeup :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO cute! I'm glad you haven't completely changed. Your pattern mixing is always awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok...so, I totally mispelled your name! I KNEW it was an e and not a y!!! I guess that is what I get for going against my better judgement. so sorry about that! but dont worry...you are Marlen again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nooo worries, it literally happens all the time ;)

      Delete
  18. How cute are you? Geeze! Great vintage look! Following on Blog Lovin!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable!! Love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The layering in this outfit is so cute! What an awesome romper! The colors are so bright and pretty. It's perfect for summer, definitely. Great hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute dress, I absolutely love the collar!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You made a video??
    I'm going to go look it up after this comment.
    But just so you know, I'm loving the palm print clutch you threw in there ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the contrast of denim and floral xx
    Thanks for commenting on my blog, let me know if you want to follow each other :)

    loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. cute look" Love your style

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting outfit!! ;-)

    http://therubberdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. U have amazing style!
    I like this outfit very much!

    xx
    Christina Klein
    http://bychristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. You always look so cute! Love the hat and the dress!
    Btw I cried like a little baby by the end of the movie haha it was
    heartbreaking :( Just like the book.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. The outfit looks great! Love how you styled it! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. pretty outfit! and obviously i'm late with this, but your new hair is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute - love your hair! xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is great! I love how you layered the dress over denim. A nice departure from seeing denim mostly as an outer layer. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for the comment you left on my blog! this is such a happy and cute outfit ^_^ xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. 1. Thank you so much for leaving a nice comment on my blog post! It's always swell to meet new bloggers :P

    2. I LOVE THAT ROMPER. And I'm stoked to have met a fellow romper lover! I have about three that I always pull out and all my coworkers make fun of me for it. Romper solidarity!

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. this dress is the best print i have ever seen! ah, it was like all of these pieces were just made for you.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is freaking adorable!!! Love it :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>