Cream in My Coffee

Feb 13, 2013

 jan2013188_zpsfd913ef4.jpg jan2013171_zps4e6f2413.jpg jan2013193_zps75ae7984.jpg ce552a1d-ff88-4023-8540-8c761640c13d_zpsbdc4ea2d.jpg

I wore this outfit a few weeks back when I took myself on a toasted almond coffee date. Laptop in hand and pretty words in my head, I cozied up in my rust colored sweater and frothy mocha, whipping up stories on an empty Word document.  Sometimes that's the best way to spend an early afternoon- nibbling on a coffee cake and playing with characters.

And there's something so wonderful about a creamy outfit. Soft rust, tepid blues, and rose and camel accents. Just right for a Wednesday.

Shirt- Forever 21
Sweater- UO
Skirt- Forever 21
Jean vest- American Eagle
Tights- Target (get them, they match everythinggg)
Booties- Topshop
Belt- Thrifted

And follow my current adventures in India on my TUMBLR!



18 comments :

  1. I really like this look, the sweater looks really cosy :) Your hair is beautiful!

    Great post! :D

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, you look lovely!
    Katie xx
    http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way eveything works well together, how the belt finishes the look nicely. Hope you had a great time in India. Have a great week Marlen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. Hope you're enjoying India!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so precious girl! There's few things I love more than a nice thick cardigan to cozy up in!I hope you're doing well in India. <3 BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the look of these photos, soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cardigan- the chunky knit and rusty colour are perfect! I'd cozy up in this all winter :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the colors, so pretty! I love taking myself on coffee dates, but haven't done that in a long time. I think I'll have to do that at some point today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you described this look. Creamy is exactly what it is, and it looks oh so comfortable especially with a coffee in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your coffee date sounded perfect! I just love the blush tones in this look, that sweater is amazing!

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is so pretty! I also love how you're growing your bangs out. I can't wait to see what you look like after you come back! I'll be following you via tumblr and I hope you are having a wonderful time!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that skirt, Marlen. Hope you're having a fabulous holiday!


    http://raincloudforrent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hattitude Style Blog

    ahh what a lovely whimsical afternoon! love cozying up in a coffee shop with a writers note pad in tow!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi. i'm jorjia. and i dig this look. i'm a sucker for button skirts. you have such a lovely blog here.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>