Guest Post: Hannah from The Braided Bandit!

Nov 6, 2012


Morning, all!  So you know how I guest posted at Hannah's blog yesterday? For those of you that didn't click over and check out her amazing style, I'm bringing her directly to you.  No escaping ;) Get ready to develop your next girl crush!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Messages on a Napkin readers! My name is Hannah and I blog over at The Braided Bandit.  I am so excited to be posting here on Marlen's amazing blog today! A few weeks ago, Marlen and I decided that it would be fun to guest post on each other's blogs about how to remix some of our favorite summery items to make them seasonally appropriate for the cooler weather.  Here is what I came up with...

 h.jpg

 h1.jpg

 h2.jpg

    Now don't get me wrong, I am definitely not ready to put away my pastels and florals, but it is 
unfortunately already pretty cold in Colorado.  I have thus resorted to layering multiple pieces of 
clothing under (and over) my favorite dresses to be sure to keep warm, but also am still able to
 wear what I love!
 h3.jpg

     This dress went on a vacation with me to Mexico this summer and has a really fun color 
palette and unique hemline.  By layering a blouse underneath and wearing it with tights and
boots, I made one of my favorite summer pieces appropriate for fall!  I have also been really liking
pairing button ups with collar-style necklaces for a look that works for both work and play. I wore
this out to a local brewery's anniversary party this weekend, but this is also something I would 
wear to the office!

 h5.jpg
(The summer version)

     I hope you guys don't pack away all of your summer clothes just yet- remixing items you 
already have with layers and fun accessories can give new life to some of your favorites year round!
Thanks for reading, hope you're having a beautiful day! If you want to see more of my style, I
would love if you stopped by The Braided Bandit sometime!

8 comments :

  1. Love the look, Hannah! And that necklace is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a layer makes. They look like different dresses! Collared button-ups are my favorite layer pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! You did a great job styling the dress for both summer and fall, and I totally see the similarities in our outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah! The layering looks great, I really like how you wore the asymmetrical dress for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty! I love that little necklace!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layers! Pretty details! Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks totally different in each look but I love them both! Great job with the layers! Cute as always Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is so pretty on you and is indeed still perfect for fall - i like both ways and i'm big into making clothes work in any season so of course i'm in love with this look

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>