Few Bits I'm Jonesing For

Nov 16, 2012

So anyone else find themselves innocently scrolling through blogs, credit card safely tucked away into the folds of your wallet, until you stumble over a Things-That-Caught-My-Eye type post. And then it's like you black out for ten minutes and when you come back to your senses, your wallet is lying battered in the desk corner and your credit card shaking by your keyboard.

Well, this is going to be one of those posts. It's Friday and I'm going to enable you ;)

First, let me introduce you to The Paraders.  A vintage online store based right here in Chicago, they have an eclectic and colorful mix of all the pretty vintage pieces your heart could desire. I scroll through their pages, mooning over the rows and rows of dresses, and think how I'd put  Betty Draper's closet to shame if I had these.

  3-11 4-1


Now that we have our ultra-feminine vintage, one of my favorite things to do with such sweet pieces is to toughen them up with hardware. It's such a fun contrast, and Rusted Revolution has our backs on that one.  Designed and created by one of my friend's Lesley, she has a whole line of romantic and slightly-dark-and-gothic draperies and necklaces. Check out her whole line here!
5 6-2 7

Feel free to mope in the comments below after your credit card explodes. I know that's what I'll be doing.






23 comments :

  1. Dresses, jewelry...so much style lust.

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, such cool pieces! I just might have to check these shops out :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...could possibly be referring to me and the way I make myself and my readers angry by emptying everyone's wallets on a weekly basis? (That was a long sentence) Well, good job. You've done the same thing to me. Those first dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm EXACTLY talking about you. You always pick out the prettiest things and it kills me to not get them!

      Delete
  4. Oh, those are gorgeous dressed, but I'm also really intrigued by the idea of all that "hardware."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it awesome? when i saw what she came up with i was flabbergasted (such a dramatic reaction haha). it'd definitely add interest to any outfit

      Delete
  5. I'm trying to exercise some serious self control right now to not shop online, haha. Whyyyyyy? I'm just dying over the floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no oh no now i want all the dresses you posted from the paraders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my everything is so awesome! I love the third vintage dress & I want ALL of the jewelry pieces. haha!

    Angela @ The Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  8. That peplum dress and collar necklace need to be mine now! love your picks....and unfortunately I am broke....darn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm saving for that collar necklace, it's just too interesting to pass up!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pieces, i loved this post so much x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that first dress! i am seeking the perfect emerald green something to wear this Christmas. Yup, joining the mopers here for sure!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was my absolute favorite, it just looks so classic and festive. i hope you nab it ;)

      Delete
  11. I love the third and fourth dresses, drool! So so glad I don't have a credit card :) I would be so far in debt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha i definitely have those moments except when i pay with paypal i don't even have to get my wallet out of my handbag! definitely going to have a browse through that vintage shop now that you've posted it!

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paypal is d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s, and happy shopping ;)

      Delete
  13. Those vintage dresses are amazing! I love anything fit and flare!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOoooh that top left dress! How wonderful. Love the terming "jonesing for" haha I'm gonna use that one.


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. steal away ;)and seriously, all their clothes make me want to sigh wistfully

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for including our dresses! Now you've got me lusting over the jewelry, too!

    xo
    Rachael
    THE PARADERS VINTAGE

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>