Guest Post: Leah from We Live Upstairs!

Oct 16, 2012

Hello all! I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I have a couple favorite, amazing blogs that I'm going to share with you over these next few weeks. Make sure to take care and love them as much as I do, since I am letting you in on this ;) Now without further ado, Leah!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I’m Leah, and I blog over at We Live Upstairs. Since Marlen and I both call the Midwest home and share a love for layering, she asked me to share how I transition some of my favorite summer pieces into fall. 

At first, I headed straight toward a few of my lighter-than-air, oh-no-the-wind’s-blowing frocks, but then I spotted this vest glinting in the corner of my closet:
PhotobucketAs you can see, scandalous Summer Leah prefers this number in its crop top form, rather than its as-intended vest mode. However, as soon as that 60 degree wind gust comes knocking (or as soon as the PSL returns to Starbucks—whichever comes first), the midriff crawls back into its cocoon of knits and I break out the collars and layers.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket IMG_6788_zpsbf449d4b


Dresses are the best layering tool; hands down. Here, I chose to layer a cream, long-sleeved blouse over a black, sheer-topped dress, but with sweaters, skirts, pants, and belts at your disposal, your dresses can really go over or under anything-- make use of them this fall!

Shirt: Thrifted; Dress: Asos; Vest: UO; Booties: Old Navy Tie: Vintage

 I hope you enjoyed my take + tips on transitioning into fall. Thanks for having me, Marlen and thanks for reading everyone!

 xo,
Leah
We Live Upstairs

(Side Note from Marlen: Can we all please gang up and steal that vest from her? I just can't.)

30 comments :

  1. I really liked this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah! I love seeing items remixed. This is a fun way to transition a sparkly vest from summer to fall. Love the layers for sure!

    P.S. I'm super excited to meet more of your favorite bloggers Marlen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin this outfit and a new blog to follow! Hooray!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, i love her looks
    her ankle boots are simply great
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I will tie her to a chair and you rip that vest off and then give to to me. Great idea! Love her style. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That vest/ crop top is amazing. The crossed out scandalous/ summer Leah was the best! You seriously are a layering pro, I LOVE this outfit and now need to find myself a sparkling vest asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never have thought to wear that vest (let alone be as daring as to wear it alone!) but love both looks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous vest! Both looks are great, I'm gonna check out your blog now.

    xo Jenny
    [archi]dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really nice! I like it :) The glittering top is amazing accent to everything :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That vest!! So terribly in love! I also love the gold bow detailing, super cute!!! :)

    http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg your style is AMAZING! i love how you paired everything together!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun glitter vest!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sparkles! Also, what a cute skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even know what to write but you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have lovely, romantic and girly style. That glitter vest is so gorgeous and fun thing to have.

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! I love your outfit gold :)
    great with the boots!
    pretty lights!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfits! That vest is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the vest! i have been on the hunt for the perfect sparkly vest/jacket forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my stars...this is incredible...I mean first of all, I adore that sparkly top...and then you throw it over this totally darling blouse and skirt...it's amazing!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Check out my GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too love dresses to wear
    at fall/winter. Yay for
    layering c: I love the
    glitter vest!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Leah! I love how you transitioned the vest to wear in the fall too. I never though of wearing a vest as a crop top, so cute :) And the fall outfit is pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great style! The glitter vest is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooo la la! I love everything about this. Especially that first little skirt! Just darling. :)

    Emily

    http://emilyknurr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty piece! I love both of these outfits, you look great!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is too cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is such a great outfit, and i love her blog!

    lindsey louise

    hellorrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>