1,2,3,4 Tell Me That You Love Me More

Jun 8, 2012

juneblog011-1juneblog020juneblog016 Sorry I've been missing in action this week- I was too busy turning 23!

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one above age 10 that still wakes up throwing confetti at herself that was cleverly stashed inside the pillowcase.I think it’s so much fun! Not only because of the wrapping paper I can rip into, but because it’s like turning a new page and getting a fresh, white side to scribble all over on in colors like Adventure, Smiles, Failure, DaydreamsTurned Real, Rock Bottom (lets hope that crayon is broken), and Hopefullness (and let’s hope that one is used down to a stub.)

 But somewhat poetic thoughts put aside, I also love all the pile of kisses and bear hugs from my closest and dearest, and the good vibes and promise of good wishes thrown down from the universe (yeah it does that every year- you never…got any?)

 Also, what other day can you expect to wake up with your boyfriend rolling out of bed in a flurry and pulling out presents wrapped up in Christmas paper (#poor) from under the bed? OR your boss backing away in retreat with his hands up after you coldly point at the “Birthday Guuuurl” button pinned on your dress after he asks you to get back to work? OR you taking an hour lunch to hunt down the perfect Red Velvet birthday cupcake? Actually, scrath that. You taking an hour to sit patiently on a bench as the cupcake food truck rolls through to hand-deliver you their biggest treat, with a sparkler lit and sputtering with excitement for your blown wishes.

 And may each of them come true :)

 (Yes, I just wished myself all the best. And what?)

corduroys skirt- thrifted
belt- f21
shirt- j crew

32 comments :

  1. What a cute outfit! You look so pretty, happy birthday! 23 is a good year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of your outfit, the print of the skirt it's so cute!
    Happy birthday, I just made 23 too on the 3th of june, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pattern of your skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 23rd! Very cute outfit! I am glad to hear you like our blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! This outfit is super cute!
    I love your hair :)

    Angela @ The Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday girl! You are too cute, I love that last sitting photo especially.
    HAHA to your boss backing up after you pointing to the birthday pin, and now you made me really crave a cupcake! (I basically crave anything delicious I read about on the internet while I am at work. There doesn't even have to be a photo, just reading the words will do it for me, ugh.)

    Anyway, I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday, and I totally think you should go for portland! I hear great things! Until then, enjoy the city!
    x Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this skirt on you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Christmas wrapping paper haha sometimes I do that on purpose. If it's my friends birthday, I'll wrap the gift in "it's a boy" wrapping paper or something just to be funny...it's not so funny to the receiving end though....

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you're seriously the cutest :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! My birthday is coming up and I think I will be stashing some confetti under my pillow.. Sounds like a great idea to me! lol
    That is a cute skirt, I like the pattern & color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great combination, your outfit is nice :) Happy birthday!!!!

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the birthday bangs! : )
    Happy 23!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! And I love everything about this outfit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it, absolutely gorgeous!

    http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday :) your outfit looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! This post was too adorable. And, happy birthday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your outfit is gorgeous! Happy belated birthday :)

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with your blog as well! You and I are red-hair twins, although I color mine :) Happy belated birthday as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors. I love your hair!


    xoxo
    www.hellomaja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great vintage outfit! Great blog dear and Happy Birthday!!

    XO J
    www.style-worthwhile.com

    PS. Giveaway on my blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you had a good birthday! Lovely outfit, love the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the print of the skirt! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely skirt! I'm following you! Follow back?

    http://spicetime.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope your birthday was great!<33 Love the outfit, lovely skirt.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the top! And Happy Birthday! X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that top, looks like the perfect DIY project ;)

    Congrats on 23, enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Cheers,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awh the confetti thing sounds cute :D haha, Happy Birthday for your 23rd! I turned 21 not too long ago and it's a sort of weird age, I feel like I need to grow up... but I know I never will :P

    You have an ace style! Your pair patterns well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha psh, growing ups over rated. when i turned 23 i almost had to grab a brown bag to breathe into because it almost feels like too old! i'm not ready to be responsible and stuff haha

      Delete
  26. Love this outfit! You're so cut!

    xx

    Caroo http://caroowild.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG confetti in your pillow !! amazing hope you had a lovely birthday, aww to be 23 again (enjoy it hun). Love this outfit, such a pretty top x

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>