Sundays Bring Comas

Apr 10, 2012

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket I'm still fighting my way out of my Easter food coma. There was just so much goodness one our white tableclothed table that all self control flew out the window and I didn't stop til I felt my dress's seams stretching dangerously. There's nothing more satisfying than undoing your belt after dinner (I'm such a lady).
 I'm now in my little studio, eating left-over deviled eggs for breakfast and eyeing my fridge that's usually empty happily. Yay for pity doggie bags.

 While mine was all traditional with baskets holding pastel colored eggs and sweets and plates of food fighting for room on our table,my friends' holidays went a little bit differently. Tom's cousin had his 12th birthday on Sunday, so they brought him out a little surprise cake during dinner, decorated in twelve trick candles. After the third blow the kid got annoyed and figured water would keep them out, so he spit all over the cake to keep them blown out once and for all.
Tom still ate a piece. Cake is cake.

My friend Paulina's family decided to fly out to Florida for the weekend and celebrate Jesus with Bacardi 151s and stealing blow-up alligator rafts out of pools (not her, but her father). They sat around at restaurants, happily teetering in their chairs, sloshing booze into their glasses and yelling "Spring Break 2012!" (not her, but her middle aged aunts). Tom and I are working on drafting adoption papers as we speak. Photobucket
Photobucket knit sweater- urban outfitters| dress- thrifted| belt- j crew| shoes- tj maxx

27 comments :

  1. Love, love this outfit. Green and yellow are perfect for spring. And by the way, not sure if I've said this before or not, but I ADORE your hair color. So pretty. :)

    xx Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, especially the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much..
    Love your dress, inspiring blog dear

    lets follow each other if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautiful! you have the best hair too

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Who doesn't unbuckle their belt after Holiday dinners? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mustard sweater and the shoes!

    Scarr xx
    http://scarlette910.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gahhh! I'm loving the colors you matched here. And the little belt and cute booties are the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww I had a food baby thanks to Easter weekend, hope you've worked your way out of that food coma. I love your outfit and your shoes :)

    xx,
    Iqra

    masaladiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors in combination with your hair! So pretty :)

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing outfit and photos! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors together! It all just looks so springy and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit! I love your hair color! I'm about to dye mine similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shoes! And this outfit color combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! You look so pretty! :)
    If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion about my fashion blog. It's all about my style and preferences! :)
    xoxo
    Luzia M.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for ur sweet comment!
    love ur blog,
    I'll follow you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice outfit! love the shoes. xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is super pretty! I'm not normally into prints but I really like it :)
    teaforowls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute look! loving the green and the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the print on this skirt! & I love how you paired it! Adore your style! So happy to have stumbled upon your blog! I will definitely be following hun! Keep up the awesome adorableness! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your sweater and shoes, they are both gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this outfit, I'd love to see the whole dress! and your shoes are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. green and yellow are perfect together ! :-)
    I like the print on the dress

    ReplyDelete
  23. very cute!! u have a great sence of style!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Green and yellow combo is gorgeous! Perfect for Spring & Summer!
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Have a fabulous day!

    xo Vivian
    Flightgirl Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>